- Find out find out how to have interaction with Jenkins from inside Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ IDEA
- Develop customized recommendations that act upon Jenkins details in genuine time
- A step by step, functional consultant that will help you know about extension issues in current plugins and the way to construct your individual plugin
Jenkins CI is the major open resource non-stop integration server. it truly is written in Java and has a wealth of plugins to aid the development and checking out of almost any undertaking. Jenkins helps a number of software program Configuration administration instruments similar to Git, Subversion, and Mercurial.
This e-book explores and explains the numerous extension issues and customizations that Jenkins deals its clients, and teaches you ways to increase your individual Jenkins extensions and plugins.
First, you'll how one can adapt Jenkins and leverage its talents to empower DevOps, non-stop Integration, non-stop Deployment, and Agile tasks. subsequent, you can find out tips to decrease the price of smooth software program improvement, elevate the standard of deliveries, and thereby lessen the time to industry. we'll additionally train you the way to create your personal customized plugins utilizing Extension points.
Finally, we'll assist you mix every thing you discovered over the process the ebook into one real-world scenario.
What you'll learn
- Retrieve and act upon Jenkins details in genuine time
- Find out the best way to engage with Jenkins via various IDEs
- Develop your individual shape and enter validation and customization
- Explore how Extension issues paintings, and enhance your personal Jenkins plugin
- See easy methods to use the Jenkins API and command-line interface
- Get to grasp the right way to remotely replace your Jenkins configuration
- Design and boost your personal info Radiator
- Discover how Jenkins customization will help increase caliber and decrease costs
About the Author
Donald Simpson is a knowledge know-how advisor dependent in Scotland, UK.
He makes a speciality of aiding firms enhance the standard and decrease the price of software program improvement during the adoption of technique automation and Agile methodologies.
Starting out as a Java developer, Donald's curiosity in program servers, networking, and automation led him to a occupation as a construct engineer. He continues to be hugely technical and hands-on and enjoys studying approximately new applied sciences and discovering how one can automate and increase handbook processes.
He may be reached at www.donaldsimpson.co.uk.
Table of Contents
- Preparatory Steps
- Automating the Jenkins UI
- Jenkins and the IDE
- The API and the CLI
- Extension Points
- Developing your personal Jenkins Plugin
- Extending Jenkins Plugins
- Testing and Debugging Jenkins Plugins
- Putting issues Together